Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Magazine throwback.

When I was a wee little lad growing up out in the middle of nowhere, I would pace back and forth at the front door looking at the mail box seeing if we had gotten any mail yet. I even resorted to leaving the door of our mailbox open so that when the mailman came and closed the door, I knew it was time. That mail was my lifeline to the outside world of BMX. Getting a new magazine was one of the best things. I would read and study these magazines, every single word and picture. Good times. Here are a few more of my favorite pictures.

July 1981 Bicycle Motocross Action. Before they switched over to BMX Action. So many things about this picture. Front brake and a coaster. No rear caliper. Crazy kinked quarter pipe. So good.













January 1984 BMX Plus Mike Dominquez cover. I remember looking at this cover so much and wondering what the hell kinda of brake pads was he running, and where on Earth did he get a set of white Skyway Tuff Wheels. Also that I needed to get one of those Hadley bottom brackets for my bike.



















January 1985 BMX Plus, Woody Itson.Never really thought of Mr. Itson as much of a ramp rider. Most of what I had seen in the magazines was of him riding flatland. So seeing him doing a look back on that sick chrome Trick Star. WOW! I got on my bike and rode to the closest ditch and tried to learn these things. And what about that crazy SST hub? How many of those were produced? 

No comments:

BMX Plus March 1984 Freestyle Section

 A small section from the March 1984 issue of BMX Plus, two pages of your favorite Freestyle action. Zoot Scooting Boogie, or something like...