Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I only ever got two autographs


















I only ever got two autographs.  In August 1984 I saw the GT team at Rockville BMX.  It was the first freestyle show I had seen.  Ron Wilkerson and Rich Avella were on the tour after being picked up by GT earlier in the year.  Ron and Rich had a great interview in the April issue of BMXA and I couldn’t wait to see these two.  They had formed the 2Hip trick team, done their own shows and gotten to the factory pro level.  They were living the dream.  Ron was killing it on the ground with fresh tricks and blasting as high or higher than Fiola. 
 
After the show I got Eddie and Ron to sign pictures I tore out of a magazine.  I’m sure I have Eddie’s somewhere but I always kept track of this one.  

Brett Downs

1 comment:

Edward Koenning said...

Great post! Thanks Brent!

BMX Plus March 1984 Freestyle Section

 A small section from the March 1984 issue of BMX Plus, two pages of your favorite Freestyle action. Zoot Scooting Boogie, or something like...