Monday, September 06, 2010

Guest Bloggaz!!!







My name is Micah and I love Bmx shows. Ever since I saw my first Bmx show (Haro and Skyway dual shows at Torque Center, New Berlin Wi) I knew it was what I wanted to do with my life. By 8th grade I did my first show at a school talent show and it got me a girlfriend. Over the years I worked for a few teams as well as starting my own.

What any of this alludes to is how many pro BMX riders have done shows or are quietly spending their summers jumping in rigs and keeping the BMX dream alive.

This weekends shows are with guys almost 10 years my elder and they still have the best attitude and outlook on BMX, life, and existentialism as a whole.

Pictured below is Trevor Meyer, 3 time X games gold medalist and easily has over 10,000 shows under his belt. Still, after all these years he says he is still just trying to inspire the next group of riders. It's a wild feeling when people live up to your preconceived expectations and watching them demonstrate their perfected craft that creates a lifetime of inspiration.







No comments:

BMX Plus March 1984 Freestyle Section

 A small section from the March 1984 issue of BMX Plus, two pages of your favorite Freestyle action. Zoot Scooting Boogie, or something like...