Thursday, September 16, 2010

From The Vault

For awhile I was doing this series on my blog clicked called, "From The Vault". It was basically old pictures and video that I had stored away in what my wife calls "your boy treasure chest". I have this beat up old chest that I took from Point X camp when I use to work there. I have everything in there from old nudie mags, to a signed knee pad plate from Danny Way during the filming of the infamous DC video. Anyway, I was going through some old photos for my buddy Dean who's writing the book of 100 pools ridden called "You Won't", when I stumbled across these photos. I didn't take these photos, my BFF Grady sent them to me a couple years ago as a "remember this" care package. The photos are from around 2002-2003, I love them and I thought I would share.


The top two pics are of Will Bissell doing what he does best, riding weird tranny and fences. Bissell kills it all day, and at the ripe old age of 34 he's still charging it. The bottom pic is a skinny version of me at 9th street in Austin. We were in Austin for a week during the T-1/FBM contest at Ramp Ranch back in the day. That contest was so awesome, good memories fo' sho'.




The top two pics are from a style legend in my parts. Steve Elmer has some of the best turndowns and inverts in the game. He took a break from the BMX for awhile but he seems to be making a comeback lately. Tucson is stoked to have him back. The bottom is me, I did toboggans, who knew?


Top pics: A couple of Phoenix's finest. Smoker Dave at the love walls, and Badger at Billy's house. Smoker fought cancer and won, Badger took on the role as BMX's laziest pro. I always give Badger shit for that title, he's far from the laziest pro. Bottom pic is this pill popping neighbor we had Johnny, and his chocolate lab Otis. Johnny would come over all the time and just barge in like Kramer with Otis in tow. Sadly Otis got hit by a car and went to doggie heaven, and Johnny's drug problem only got worse.


The burrito bros holding hands, how sweet. This picture is so weird and I have no idea what they were doing. Finally, that's me climbing the garage wall on the outside of the pro house at Point X. Memories....

No comments:

BMX Plus March 1984 Freestyle Section

 A small section from the March 1984 issue of BMX Plus, two pages of your favorite Freestyle action. Zoot Scooting Boogie, or something like...