Monday, July 12, 2010

BMX Action August 1982


















Eddy Fiola on what was another of my all time favorite covers ever. Torker twin top tubes, Uni seat, gold Shimano DX pedals, graphite Tuff Wheels, all will be taking a back seat to Woody Itson looking cool in the background with his lady friend. Such a good picture in so many ways.

All right, I am not going to post a bunch of these pictures just to poke fun at everything in the background of them. So many of Bob Osborn's pictures have to be looked at in a whole. Not just the riding. What was captured is sometimes simple stunning. The surroundings, the people, the locations, all were a part of the photo as much as the bike riding. This shot from a NBL War of The Stars race is a prime example. So much in this photo stands out as being a part of racing from this time frame. Love it.













Fred Becker leaning out over the Cloverleaf bowl and Eddie Fiola doing a hip hanger. A while back I had posted something from this article. So many good pictures from this contest.













TRUST YOUR MONKEY! Sidehacks in the skatepark. So rad to see. Two note worthy guys the these, shots. Some flatlander named Martin Aparijo doing a front tire grad. And a 13 year old Mike Dominquz. Where have I heard that name before?
 












Scott Clark jumping the triple whoops. I don't know what it is about this spread. The fact that the jumps look like a blind person may have built them. Or the way Scott Clark looks like he has been packing on a few pounds.













Like many other kids who rode bikes around this time wanted to build my own ramp. When I finally got around to getting my mom and pops to give me the blessing, I should pops these ramp plans to what I wanted to build. After he was done laughing, he came up with something a little less bumpy. We built a wedge ramp. HA!   I wonder how many people had built a quarter like this? We had one in or neighborhood that was fun to ride but hitting that 10" of vert at the top took some getting use to.

No comments:

BMX Plus March 1984 Freestyle Section

 A small section from the March 1984 issue of BMX Plus, two pages of your favorite Freestyle action. Zoot Scooting Boogie, or something like...